MGL conducts Emergency Mock Drill at its City Gate Station in Savroli
Mumbai: Mahanagar Gas Limited, one of the largest City Gas Distribution (CGD) companies in India, conducted a major mock drill session at its City Gate Station (CGS) in Savroli on 26 September 2023 for reaffirming the responsiveness of the team in a crisis situation and to meet regulatory requirements.
A leak in LNG pipeline was simulated on ground, where response time frame and appropriateness of actions were observed. The mock drill was conducted with the help of Khopoli Fire Brigade, Police authorities and Traffic Police, Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG), District Disaster Management cell and DISH (Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health) teams, all of whom played a major part in executing their role in handling the situation.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
After the successful completion of the mock drill, representatives from the Fire Brigade, Police and MARG shared their feedback regarding the drill and on areas of improvement in handling a situation like this. Senior representative from District office was also present at the site to witness the mock drill. MGL’s response in handling the situation was highly appreciated by the concerned authorities.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard