NRL and NTPC signs MoU for Biofuels development
The collaboration marks a significant milestone, harnessing NRL's state-of-the-art refining processes and NTPC's robust energy production capabilities to forge a path towards a sustainable and self-reliant energy future for India.
NRL and NTPC Ltd., in a groundbreaking strategic partnership, to advance the development of biofuels signed an MoU in presence of Shri Gurdeep Singh, CMD of NTPC, Dr. Ranjit Rath, Chairman of NRL, Shri Bhaskar Jyoti Phukan, Managing Director of NRL and Shri Sanjay Choudhuri, Director Finance of NRL.
The collaboration marks a significant milestone, harnessing NRL's state-of-the-art refining processes and NTPC's robust energy production capabilities to forge a path towards a sustainable and self-reliant energy future for India.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
NRL is expanding its refinery capacity to align with India's net-zero targets by investing in green projects like bamboo-based 2G-ethanol, high-value chemicals, and a Green Hydrogen plant. NRL has established Assam Bio Refinery Pvt Limited (ABRPL), a joint venture with international companies, to manufacture 2G-ethanol and high-value chemicals from bamboo.
The 186 KL per Day ethanol plant, being set up by NRL through ABRPL, is a pioneering effort in the advanced biofuel space which will see production of 2G ethanol from bamboo, non-food grade feedstock, for the first time.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
NTPC is conducting a feasibility study for a bamboo-based Bio Refinery at NTPC Bongaigaon, intending to integrate green coal produced from the refinery into its power plant. The MOU outlines the Parties' willingness to share insights gained from their projects, particularly ABRPL, and explore collaborative opportunities, including joint ventures or consortium tie-ups for bamboo-based bio-refineries and other green projects.
Through the MoU, the two CPSEs intend to enhance their footprint in green chemicals and foray into sustainable solutions to advance the efforts towards achieving the nation’s Net-Zero targets and be partner in development of North-East Region.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong