PM Modi to Inaugurate India's First Rapid Rail in Ghaziabad: NCRTC's RAPIDX
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate India's first rapid rail system in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on October 20, 2023. The Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), also known as RAPIDX, is a semi-high-speed urban train system that will operate at speeds of up to 160 kilometers per hour.
The initial phase of the RAPIDX project will cover a distance of 17 kilometers between Sahibabad and Duhai in Ghaziabad. The entire Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, spanning 82 kilometers, is expected to become operational by 2025Read Also : IIM Lucknow Triumphs in NTPC Electron Regional Finals, Followed by IIT BHU and IIT Kanpur
The RAPIDX project is being implemented by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC), a joint venture between the Indian Railways and the governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh. The project will cost ?30,274 crore (US$3.8 billion) and will have 22 stations, and two Depots at Duhai and Modipuram.Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
The RAPIDX trains will be equipped with state-of-the-art features, including aerodynamic design, plug-in doors, and panoramic windows. The trains will also have special features for passengers with disabilities.
The RAPIDX project is expected to have a significant impact on the transportation landscape in the Delhi-NCR region. The system is expected to reduce travel time between Delhi and Meerut by up to 40 percent. It is also expected to ease traffic congestion and reduce pollution in the region.Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'