PM Modi to inaugurate ‘New Dry Dock’ and ‘International Ship Repair Facility' at CSL
With other projects, he will also inaugurate the New Dry Dock which is built at a cost of about Rs 1,800 crore at the existing premises of CSL, Kochi.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his visit to Andhra Pradesh and Kerala on 16th-17th January 2024 is going to inaugurate projects worth more than Rs 4,000 crore in Kochi, in a step to transform India's port, Shipping, and waterways sector.
On 16th January he will reach Palasamudram, Sri Sathya Sai District in Andhra Pradesh to inaugurate the new campus of the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics (NACIN). Prime Minister will also interact with Officer Trainees of the 74th and 75th batches of Indian Revenue Service (Custom & Indirect Taxes) as well as officer trainees of the Royal Civil Service of Bhutan.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
With other projects, he will also inaugurate the New Dry Dock which is built at a cost of about Rs 1,800 crore at the existing premises of CSL, Kochi.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
This is a flagship project reflecting New India's engineering prowess. This one-of-a-kind 310-meter-long stepped dry dock, with a width of 75/60 meters, depth of 13 meters and a draught of up to 9.5 metres, is one of the largest marine infrastructures in the region.
The New Dry Dock project features heavy ground loading which will position India with advanced capabilities to handle strategic assets like future aircraft carriers up to 70,000T displacement as well as large commercial vessels, thus eliminating India's dependency on foreign nations for emergency national requirements.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong