Power and Water Resources Ministry to work jointly on speedy technical clearances of power projects
NEW DELHI . Ministry of Power and Ministry of Water Resources have drawn up a framework for speedy technical clearances to power projects by Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and Central Water Commission (CWC). A high level meeting was held between M/o State for Power (I/c) , Mr Jyotiraditya M. Scindia and Minister of Water Resources, Mr Harish Rawat in New Delhi yesterday.
It was decided that issues pertaining to 24 items like hydrology, dam design, inter state, gates etc should be cleared immediately through close coordination between CEA and CWC.
Periodic meetings will be held with all the stakeholders in order to have a proactive approach to clearances. Also, the process of consultations will be continuous to ensure timely technical clearances to the projects. PIB
News Must Read
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari
- BPCL awarded at FIPI Oil & Gas Awards 2022 in five coveted categories
- RBI MPC: Keep policy repo rate unchanged at 6.50%
- SAIL initiated expansion project to level up production of 4 Units
- Centre's green flag to HUDA City Centre-Cyber City, Gurugram project
- Coming monsoon season there will be no coal shortage: Coal Minister