Rajesh Kumar Srivastava selected as interim chairman of ONGC
ONGC appointed Rajesh Kumar Srivastava as interim chairman on the other hand the government has not made a full-time appointment yet.
According to oil ministry order Srivastava, who is Director (Exploration) of ONGC, given an additional charge of chairman and managing director after current acting CMD Alka Mittal superannuated. "for a period of 4 months with effect from September 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
Mr. Rajesh Kumar Srivastava assumed the charges as Director (Exploration) of the Company on 02.08.2019. Mr. Srivastava acquired Master of Science(Geology) from Lucknow University and Master’s Degree in Engineering Geology from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Mr Srivastava joined ONGC as Geologist in 1984 at Krishna Godavari Basin, Rajahmundry.
With over 35 years of experience, Mr Srivastava is an expert in up-stream hydrocarbon exploration from well site operations, development geology, seismic data interpretation to monitoring and planning of exploration.
Mr Srivastava began his career as an Exploration Geologist from geologically complex KG-PG Basin. At Institute of Reservoir Studies, Ahmedabad he was considered as one of the best hands in the trade of Reservoir Modelling for preparation of field development plans, simulation studies for production forecasts and techno-economic evaluation of prospects. He is credited to have introduced art/science of Geocellular Modeling in ONGC, Neelam being the first full field fine scale Geocellular Model for dynamic modelling for redevelopment.
During his tenure at Exploration and Drilling Directorate, he was closely associated with the exploration and development activities of Assam & Assam-Arakan Basin, MBA Basin and Krishna-Godavari Basin and Cauvery Basin.
He played a key role in the formulation of ‘Hydrocarbon vision-2030 for North East India’ driven by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. He has also evaluated several exploration and development blocks of Egypt & Sudan. As an acknowledgement for his contributions towards field development and hydrocarbon exploration, Mr Srivastava was honored with the National Mineral Award in year 2009.Read Also : Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
News Must Read
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta
- THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
- International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMAGMA-2023)