RBI held Conference for the Directors on the Boards of PSBs
The Governor acknowledged the role played by the banks in supporting the economy and maintaining resilience along with improved financial performance in the face of several adverse shocks in recent times.
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank today held a Conference for the Directors on the Boards of Public Sector Banks. The conference was held in New Delhi. The Governor, RBI inaugurated the Conference. ‘Governance in Banks - Driving Sustainable Growth and Stability’ was the theme of the conference.
Deputy Governors Shri M. K. Jain and Shri M. Rajeshwar Rao, along with Executive Directors representing the RBI’s Department of Supervision and Department of Regulation, and other senior officials, also participated in the Conference.Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
The Governor acknowledged the role played by the banks in supporting the economy and maintaining resilience along with improved financial performance in the face of several adverse shocks in recent times. He exhorted the Directors of banks to further strengthen the governance and assurance functions (risk management, compliance and internal audit) so that the banks are able to identify and mitigate risks at an early stage.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
The Governor also emphasized the need for banks to ensure continued financial and operational resilience.
The Conference included addresses by the Deputy Governors and technical sessions on Governance and Assurance Functions, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, IT/Cyber Risk and Data Analytics.
The Conference concluded with an open house interaction of the participants with Executive Directors of the Reserve Bank.Read Also : Mr Vikraman N takes charge as Director (HR) of BEL
News Must Read
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects