SAIL supplied entire 4000 Tonnes special steel for Indigenous Frigate Ship Vindhyagiri
The steel supplied by SAIL for the "Vindhyagiri" frigate comprises DMR 249 A grade HR Sheets and Plates.
Indigenous Frigate Ship Vindhyagiri
Reaffirming its commitment to national defense, Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has supplied the entire 4000 Tonnes of Special Steel for India's indigenous sixth frigate ship, "Vindhyagiri", The frigate ship is part of the Project P17A initiative undertaken by the Indian Navy and is being constructed by M/s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE). Smt. Droupadi Murmu, Hon’ble President of India, is scheduled to launch the frigate on August 17, 2023.
The steel supplied by SAIL for the "Vindhyagiri" frigate comprises DMR 249 A grade HR Sheets and Plates.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
Under the ambit of Project P17A, a vital endeavor that envisions the launch of seven ships, the upcoming launch of "Vindhyagiri" marks the successful construction of the sixth ship. SAIL's involvement in this ambitious project further exemplifies the company's steadfast dedication to foster indigenous growth and innovation in India's defense sector.
Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
This significant milestone also comes on the heels of SAIL's remarkable contribution to the commissioning of INS Vikrant, the nation's pride and joy, where SAIL has provided the entire 30,000 Tonnes of specialty steel for the construction of the aircraft carrier.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus