Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission visits NMDC
Hyderabad: Shri P. Daniel, Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission visited the NMDC Corporate Office in Hyderabad and interacted with the employees of the public sector enterprise on Wednesday.
Welcoming the Secretary to NMDC, Shri B. Vishwantah, CVO said, “NMDC is consistently improving transparency and building accountability in its business with delegation of power and responsibilities, capacity building programmes and leveraging technology for vigilance.”Read Also : IIM Lucknow Triumphs in NTPC Electron Regional Finals, Followed by IIT BHU and IIT Kanpur
In his keynote address, Secretary, CVC said, “The Commission is focusing on Integrity in Corporate Governance and hence the theme ‘Say No to Corruption and Commit to the Nation!’ for VAW 2023.” While explaining the journey from punitive to preventive and participative vigilance, he appreciated NMDC’s capacity building initiatives and vigilance dashboard.
Campaigning for a Corruption Free India, NMDC is observing Vigilance Awareness Week 2023. To that end, Shri P. Daniel along with company’s CMD (Additional Charge) Shri Amitava Mukherjee launched NMDC’s updated Contracts Management Manual and the Online Vigilance Clearance Module of its Vigilance Dashboard in ERP.Read Also : Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
Speaking to the employees on integrity, vigilance, and anti-corruption, the company’s CMD said, “Professional integrity brings business efficiency. Manuals, codes, procedures ensure consistency across organization and people, and compliance to these standards naturally ensures efficiency.” While advocating for rotational transfer and other preventive vigilance practices, he said, “We must come true to the position of trust we hold with public money and fulfill our duty as public servants.”
NMDC employees then shared their views and experiences on various matters with the Secretary, CVC. This was followed by a prize distribution ceremony that felicitated students who won the NMDC VAW 2023 competitions organized in Hyderabad.Read Also : iDEX-DIO signs 300th contract for Defence Innovation
News Must Read
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'