SJVN gets Letter of Intent from GUVNL for 200 MW Solar Project
The Greenshoe option is a method in which the implementing agencies offer additional capacity to the successful bidder at the same terms and conditions under RfS.
Shimla: Smt. Geeta Kapur, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN informed that SJVN has received the Letter of Intent (LOI) from Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) for 200 MW Solar Power Project in GUVNL Phase XXII.
Smt. Geeta Kapur apprised that SJVN Green Energy Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of SJVN has earlier bagged the initial 100 MW Solar Project through bidding and a further 100 MW under the Greenshoe option at a tariff of Rs 2.63 per unit on a Build Own and Operate basis in e-RA conducted by GUVNL in December 2023. The Greenshoe option is a method in which the implementing agencies offer additional capacity to the successful bidder at the same terms and conditions under RfS.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
Smt. Geeta Kapur further stated that the tentative cost of construction and development of this project is Rs 1100 crores. The Ground Mounted Solar Project shall be developed by SGEL anywhere in India through an EPC contract. The Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) shall be executed with GUVNL after the adoption of the tariff by GERC. The Project shall be commissioned in 18 Months from the date of signing of the PPA. This PPA shall be signed between GUVNL and SGEL for 25 years.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
The project is expected to generate 508.4 million units in the first year after commissioning and the projected cumulative energy generation over 25 years is 11836.28 million units. The commissioning of this Project is expected to reduce 579976 Tonnes of carbon emission and would contribute in GoI's mission of reduction in carbon emission.
The company is on rapid progression to achieve its Shared Vision of 25000 MW by 2030 & 50000 MW by 2040. This Shared Vision has been formulated in sync with the commitment of the Government of India to generate 50% energy from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention