Tata Memorial Centre signs MoU with Vedanta BALCO Medical Centre
The MoU is signed to drive excellence in cancer care in the country.
New Delhi: The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), Mumbai, and Vedanta Medical Research Foundation’s flagship initiative, BALCO Medical Centre (BMC), Raipur, Chhattisgarh, have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on September 17, 2022 to drive excellence in cancer care in the country.
The MoU was signed between Dr. R. A. Badwe, Director of Tata Memorial Centre, and Dr. Bhawna Sirohi, Medical Director of BALCO Medical Centre, at Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, in the presence of Mrs. Jyoti Agarwal, Chairperson of BALCO Medical Centre. Mrs. Jyoti Agarwal was also the Chief Guest of the event.
As per the MoU, the BALCO Medical Centre and Tata Memorial Centre will join forces for exchange of knowledge, and enhancement of skills, capabilities and core practices. BMC will leverage TMC’s expertise and decades of experience in cancer treatment for developing best-in-class technical and medical guidelines.
With this association, TMC will also empanel BMC as a referral centre for patients from Chhattisgarh, and neighbouring states. Both cancer hospitals have mutually agreed to Share best practices and evolving knowledge on cancer treatment, BMC will take part in the National Cancer Grid Virtual Tumour Boards to drive excellence in patient care, Mutually conduct and participate in continuing medical education (CME) sessions at both the locations, Conduct joint research or multi-centric trials,.
Tata Memorial Centre is amongst the oldest and largest cancer centres in the world, with over 75 years of exceptional patient care, high-quality training and innovative cancer research.
Looking at the rising incidence of cancer as a health threat and lack of quality cancer care centres in tier 2 and 3 cities, Vedanta established BALCO Medical Centre at Raipur to provide affordable comprehensive cancer care to all the sections of the society. Since its inception in March 2018, the BALCO Medical Centre, a comprehensive cancer care hospital, has been garnering trust for its compassionate and quality cancer care. It is one of the most preferred facilities in the region for advanced radiation therapy, brachytherapy, nuclear medicine, surgeries, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, blood-related disorders, bone marrow transplant, plastic and reconstructive surgery, pain & palliative care.Read Also : BPCL adopts Innovative approach to Valorizing Bio-refinery Waste
News Must Read
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects
- DMRC to monitor old buildings while carrying out tunnelling work
- PFC Q4 FY’23 Results: Clocked highest ever consolidated profit with 13% increase of Rs. 21,179 cr
- India gets its new Parliament House; PM Modi installed Sengol with Nandi