PSU MOU: WDRA with Punjab Sind Bank will facilitate low-interest rate loans to farmers
MoU was exchanged by Shri T.K. Manoj Kumar, Chairperson, WDRA, Sh. Swarup Kumar Saha, MD&CEO, PSB in the head office of PSB on 05.02.2024.
New Delhi: To facilitate farmers and traders in providing low-interest rate loans, the Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB).
MoU was exchanged by Shri T.K. Manoj Kumar, Chairperson, WDRA, Sh. Swarup Kumar Saha, MD&CEO, PSB in the head office of PSB on 05.02.2024. This event is attended by Dr. Ram Jass Yadav, ED, PSB, Sh. Ravi Mehra, ED, PSB from PSB and Sh. Naveen Barolia, Dy. Director (M&C), Sh. Sai Pradeep Gopisetty, Asst. Director (SA&O) from WDRA.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The MoU was signed with the intent of promoting awareness funds against e-NWRs (electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipts). The MoU is aimed to provide information to depositors about the benefits, besides doing further outreach activities to improve agricultural pledge finance in India.
PSB is offering loans against e-NWRs with no collateral and an attractive rate of interest. Under the agriculture sector, up to Rs. 75 lahks and for other category borrowers, up to Rs. 5 crores loans are extended.
Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
During the event, a presentation was made by WDRA on the importance of post-harvest pledge financing using electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipts (e-NWRs) to improve rural credit. The bank representatives also highlighted the challenges faced by the lending institutions in this sector. WDRA assured their full regulatory support in improving the fiduciary trust among stakeholders.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention