GRSE to Revamp Dry Docks at Khidderpore: Signs Concession Agreement with SMPK
The Agreement aims to play a vital role in abetting the strategic growth plans for both the companies in addition to the revenue generation from the ship repair and refit of Defence and Commercial segments, predominantly in the Eastern Region.
Kolkata: Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd., (GRSE), a Mini Ratna Category 1 Defence PSU and a leading warship building company of India, today signed the Concession Agreement with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (SMPK), to undertake the development & utilisation of the 3 existing Dry Docks of SMP at Khidderpore, Kolkata. The project envisages upgrading, operating and managing the infrastructural facilities at these docks towards their effective utilization.
The Concession Agreement was signed in the august presence of the Hon’ble Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) and AYUSH, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, Shri Sanjay Bandopadhyay, Additional Secretary, MoPSW and Rear Admiral VK Saxena, IN (Retd.),Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE, Shri Vinit Kumar, IRSEE, Chairman, SMPK & senior dignitaries of SMPK & GRSE, between Capt Amit Kapoor, Director (Marine Department), SMPK and Cmde PR Hari, IN (Retd.), Director (Personnel), GRSE.
As a part of the investment promotional activity of Maritime India, the Agreement aims to play a vital role in abetting the strategic growth plans for both the companies in addition to the revenue generation from the ship repair and refit of Defence and Commercial segments, predominantly in the Eastern Region.
Read Also : BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
This collaboration will also contribute to the future strategy of GRSE to take on additional shipbuilding activities including repair & refit of ships, which will aid in the feasibility for execution & expansion in and around Kolkata. Under the agreement, both entities look forward to develop a dynamic partnership and understanding to explore new business prospects, skill development and facility improvement, which in turn will aid in employment generation in Kolkata, as a part of Maritime growth and Nation Building exercise.
News Must Read
- BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
- SECL Director (Finance) felicitated by ICMAI - WIRC
- BPCL lays foundation stone of new Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants depot
- Government, PSUs, and Defence sector experience 14% upsurge in hiring: foundit Insights Tracker
- 2G Refinery at Numaligarh to create huge employment opportunities: Hardeep S Puri
- Chief of Defence Staff India to Inaugurate HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi
- ONGC Gears Up for Oil Production From its Flagship Project
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023