PSU PRESS RELEASE
President AeSI Calls for Higher Synergy to Meet HR Challenges in Aviation and Aerospace
New Delhi: Dr. R.K. Tyagi, President, Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI) has called upon a greater synergy to meet the emerging HR challenges and requirements in aviation and aerospace keeping in view the growth potential of the sector for next 10 years. Dr. Tyagi was speaking as Chief Guest in Aviation HR Meet - 2018 organised by School of Aeronautics, Neemrana.
Dr. Tyagi spoke about a potential of direct employment of 10 lac professionals and indirect employment of 35 lac people in the aviation sector in the next 10 years. There will be many opportunities of employment coming up in the area of Airport Management, Airlines, MRO, Cargo and Ground Handling Services. However, there will be many emerging HR challenges like training cost, quality and employability, upskill and assessment practices, funding mechanism, labour market information systems and safety management systems. In all, there are 70 different potential job roles which need to be supported.
Dr. Tyagi had, earlier as the then Chairman of HAL, formed the Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC) as a section 8 company in August 2014 in partnership with Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce (BCIC) and SIATI. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) also took up strategic interest in this company.
While speaking about the various initiatives and the growth enabled by the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) and Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) initiative of the Ministry of Civil Aviation recently, Dr. Tyagi emphasized that industry should make full use of various HR initiatives taken by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC), Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre (AMSDC) and National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS). He also highlighted the role which Aeronautical Society of India has been playing for better HR and Skill Management in the sector.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore