PSU PRESS RELEASE
President AeSI Calls for Higher Synergy to Meet HR Challenges in Aviation and Aerospace
New Delhi: Dr. R.K. Tyagi, President, Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI) has called upon a greater synergy to meet the emerging HR challenges and requirements in aviation and aerospace keeping in view the growth potential of the sector for next 10 years. Dr. Tyagi was speaking as Chief Guest in Aviation HR Meet - 2018 organised by School of Aeronautics, Neemrana.
Dr. Tyagi spoke about a potential of direct employment of 10 lac professionals and indirect employment of 35 lac people in the aviation sector in the next 10 years. There will be many opportunities of employment coming up in the area of Airport Management, Airlines, MRO, Cargo and Ground Handling Services. However, there will be many emerging HR challenges like training cost, quality and employability, upskill and assessment practices, funding mechanism, labour market information systems and safety management systems. In all, there are 70 different potential job roles which need to be supported.
Dr. Tyagi had, earlier as the then Chairman of HAL, formed the Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC) as a section 8 company in August 2014 in partnership with Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce (BCIC) and SIATI. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) also took up strategic interest in this company.
While speaking about the various initiatives and the growth enabled by the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP) and Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) initiative of the Ministry of Civil Aviation recently, Dr. Tyagi emphasized that industry should make full use of various HR initiatives taken by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Aerospace & Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC), Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre (AMSDC) and National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS). He also highlighted the role which Aeronautical Society of India has been playing for better HR and Skill Management in the sector.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus