Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
The project also leverages secured MPLS/VSAT connectivity, propelling itself to the forefront of cutting-edge defence technology.
New Delhi: In alignment with the Government of India’s strategic vision for Digital Armed Forces, the Ministry of Defence has signed a contract with Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL) on 8 December 2023, at a total cost of Rs 588.68 crore, for the acquisition of Digital Coast Guard (DCG) project, under the Buy (Indian) category.
Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
A pivotal Initiative for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), the DCG Project will unfold a comprehensive narrative of technological progression, encompassing the construction of an advanced Data Centre, the establishment of a robust Disaster Recovery Data Centre, amplification of connectivity across ICG sites, and the development of the ERP system. The project also leverages secured MPLS/VSAT connectivity, propelling itself to the forefront of cutting-edge defence technology.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
At its core, the DCG project marks the establishment of a Tier-III standard Data Centre, armed with the latest technological capabilities. Functioning as the nerve centre, it enables centralized monitoring and management of applications deployed by the ICG, ensuring vigilant oversight of critical IT assets of the ICG.
The project is estimated to generate about one and a half lakh man-days over five years, fostering active participation from diverse sectors of Indian industries, thus significantly contributing to the Government’s efforts to achieve ‘Atmanirbharta’ in defence.Read Also : PFRDA notifies rules for National Pension System and Pension Funds: What you need to know
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM