Digi yatra to be active in 14 more airports from now onwards
For the significant transformation of affordable and reasonable commutation and providing a seamless and efficient propagation in the airways sector, Digi yatra is now onwards available for more 14 airports in the country.
New Delhi: As per the current situation, 13 airports are availing this facility and now this will be transmitted to 14 more such airlines sectors gaining a crucial stance in terms of travelling for the suitability of passengers.
The airports are technically approved by FRT techniques where people with Digi yatra app are required to complete their details and will be easily allowed in the airport premises if facial biometrics is once done.
The listed 13 airports are facilitated by this technology and eventually 11 more airports are going to be equipped under this technology by 2025 as per government's official statement. The government is also planning to unveil e passport facility to foreign citizens for availing the seamless facilities at the airport.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
The airports listed under Digi yatra app are Chennai, Mumbai, Bhubaneshwar, Indore, Chandigarh, Goa and many other significant cities related to both domestic and international operations.
DigiYatra is a digital initiative introduced by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in India. It aims to provide a seamless and paperless travel experience to air passengers. It basically utilises biometric technology, such as facial recognition, to enable passengers to verify their identity at various checkpoints, such as check-in, security, and boarding gates.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
Launched in December 2022 is currently operable in Delhi, Varanasi, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Kolkata, Mumbai. The Digi Yatra process ensures that there is no central storage of passengers' Personally Identifiable Information [PII] data. The data should be private and equipped with encrypted coding. It is purged from the system within 24 hours of flight and securely encoded with no data explosion.Read Also : Coal India First Aid Competition 2024 ' concludes at WCL
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut