ECIL’s Contribution for Chandrayaan-3 Mission
ECIL supplied the 32-meter-Deep Space Network (DSN) antenna which facilitated the vital communication support for Chandrayaan mission.
New Delhi: Electronics Corporation of India Limited, a Government of India Enterprise under Department of Atomic Energy, has been supporting country’s space program right from inception by setting up the ground antenna network at all centers of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for communication.
It is proud to be associated with the Chandrayaan-3 Mission by way of providing the indigenously designed antenna systems needed for Tracking, Telemetry, Command and Ranging (TTC&R) operations of moon mission program through ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC).
ECIL supplied the 32-meter-Deep Space Network (DSN) antenna which facilitated the vital communication support for Chandrayaan mission. This 300ton Antenna System has been built indigenously in association with Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC) and ISTRAC. The antennae precisely points to the spacecraft orbiting around moon at about 4 lakh KM distance from earth for command-and-control operations.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The Antenna System employs state-of-the-art technology of precision formed reflector surface with an accuracy better than 0.3 millimeters, Wheel and Track Mount, Beam Wave guide, Feed Systems and Servo Control System. The realization of this Antenna involved almost all the disciplines of engineering like soil mechanics, Structural Engineering, Mechanical, Radio Frequency & Microwave and Control Engineering.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
It will continue to play crucial role during acquisition of data and images from moon captured by Vikram and Pragyan. ECIL also provided 18,11 and 7.2-meter Antenna systems and 4.5-meter Ship borne Terminal to ISTRAC to support tracking, telemetry and command operations of space mission critical programs right from the time of launch.
ECIL is closely working with ISRO for the indigenous design and realization of the antennae systems and Safe & Secure Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) for the upcoming missions like Aditya, Gaganyaan and Mangalyaan 2.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus