Finance Minister Sitharaman represents as Governor India in ADB Annual Meetings
Sitharaman stressed for need of a robust ADB that adopts a transformational rather than an incremental approach for sustainable and resilient regional development.
Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman Business Session of the Asian Development Bank's Annual Meetings Annual Meeting, in South Korea.
New Delhi: Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated and represented as Governor India in the Business Session of the Asian Development Bank's Annual Meetings Annual Meeting, in South Korea on May 4.
Sitharaman said ADB Annual Meeting theme “Rebounding Asia: Recover, Reconnect and Reform”, resonates with spirit & theme of G20 India Presidency “One Earth, One Family, One Future” & signals need for unity of purpose & collective action to achieve shared goals & responsibilities.Read Also : Abhai Raj Singh Bhandari took over as ED of BPCL's Kochi Refinery
Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman stressed for need of a robust ADB that adopts a transformational rather than an incremental approach for sustainable and resilient regional development.Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
Union Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman appreciated ADB’s efforts in exploring G20 expert panel recommendations for Capital Adequacy Framework review.
Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman underlined the need for ADB to focus on Global Public Goods in their regional dimension while continuing to focus on its core agenda of Poverty Reduction and development in Low-Income Countries.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
News Must Read
- Abhai Raj Singh Bhandari took over as ED of BPCL's Kochi Refinery
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission