FICCI Ladies Organisation to host two day textile and handloom show in October
The Two-day event ‘Anshukam’ with the theme ‘Weaving Stories Through threads’ will help weavers and artisans from various parts of the country with buyers both national and international, designers, exporters, and e-commerce.
New Delhi/Amritsar: FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) an apex body of business women in the country is organising a Two day Textile and handloom show titled ‘Anshukam’ in the national capital Delhi in a bid to provide direct access to the weavers to market their products in India and abroad.
“The Two day event ‘Anshukam’ with the theme ‘Weaving Stories Through threads’ will help weavers and artisans from various parts of the country with buyers both national and international , designers, exporters and e-commerce. The event will also help provide market linkages to manufacturers of handloom and textiles and introduce new products and services “ said Ms Jyanti Dalmia, President, FICCI Ladies Organisation .
FLO has a chapter in Amritsar and Ludhiana and traditional textiles from punjab will also be showcased during the two day event .
“FLO to mark the 75th year of India’s independence through Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav is organising this event which will go a long way in ensuring our textile and handloom weavers’ livelihoods, instilling pride amongst our weaving community and ensuring sustenance of our cultural heritage. This sector needed new ideas to promote the sector in novel ways and promote the business of Textile and Handloom through effective marketing.” Said Ms Dalmia .
“The major highlights of the Two day event will include stalls put up by artisans and designers showcasing latest trends in textiles and handlooms from various states in the country, series of fashions shows, talk shows , screening of documentaries, Ikebana demonstration inspired by Textiles, Organic dying work, textile painting show, and cultural events “ said Ms Madhuri Halwasiya, FLO national initiative head for Textile and Handlooms.
“ The major highlight of the Two day event will be Bollywood cine star Vidya Balan’s participation along with host of fashion shows and talks by eminent fashion designers . The designer’s will include Neeta Bhargava, Gaurang Goel, Radhika Raje, Prasad Bidapa, Asha Gautam, Sanja Garg of Raw Mango and a fashion show by students of Pearl Academy “ said Ms Halwasiya
“Indian handloom is back in the limelight, owing to the initiatives of the Narendra Modi-led government. Apart from government initiatives, there are individual steps as well. . The Two day Anshukam is part of the effort as several renowned designers and style gurus will be promoting the fashion industry, using local handloom fabrics. “ Ms Halwasiya added .Read Also : Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
News Must Read
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta
- THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
- International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMAGMA-2023)