HPCL to commission Barmer Refinery by January 2025
HPCL [Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd] will commission the country's newest oil refinery at Barmer in Rajasthan by January 2025 to help meet rising fuel demand in north India.
The project is a key part of India's target of having an installed capacity to turn 450 million tonnes of crude oil into fuels such as petrol and diesel to meet the energy needs of the country. The current refining capacity of the nation is suppressed under 254 million tonnes.
Per year capacity of refining 9 MT is 76% mechanically completed and the first product will flow in December or January next year. The refinery will be operated at 75% to 80% of the capacity in the first year as various units get commissioned while the full capacity will be reached by 2027.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
The Barmer refinery will also have a petrochemical complex which is being built by a joint venture company HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd [HRRL], where HPCL holds a 74% stake and the Rajasthan government holds the remaining 26%.
HPCL currently operates two refineries at Mumbai and Vizag in Andhra Pradesh. The refinery-cum petrochemical complex will produce BS-VI grade petrol and diesel as well as petrochemical products like polypropylene, butadiene, linear low-density polyethylene [LLDPE], high-density polyethylene [HDPE], benzene, and toluene.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
It is stated to facilitate the increased demand for petroleum and petrochemical products in the northern, western, and central parts of India.
The refinery-cum petrochemical complex will cost INR 72,937 crore.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention