Koppu Sadashiv Murthy assumes CMD charge at BHEL
Mr. Murthy joined BHEL in 1989 at its Jhansi manufacturing unit - a transformer & locomotive manufacturing hub.
According to his appointment as Chairman and managing Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Mr. Koppu Sadashiv Murthy, 56, has assumed charge as CMD of the Public Sector Engineering and Manufacturing Enterprise, here today.
Before this, Mr. Murthy was the Executive Director of the Corporate Operations Management group at BHEL, and also simultaneously held additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Pumps and Compressors Limited (BPCL).Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
An Electrical Engineering graduate from Bhopal University with an MBA in Finance, Mr. Murthy joined BHEL in 1989 at its Jhansi manufacturing unit - a transformer & locomotive manufacturing hub. During his 34 years of years of wide-ranging and hands-on experience in BHEL’s Corporate Office and in various manufacturing units such as Hyderabad, Bhopal, Jhansi, and Varanasi, Mr. Murthy has developed a comprehensive set of competencies in strategic, operational, project and commercial management.
Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
Mr. Murthy's career is marked by a strong track record of consistently delivering revenue and profitability coupled with expert resource optimisation. As Head of Corporate Operations Management at Delhi, Mr. Murthy played a vital role in turning the company profitable in FY22-23 & FY21-22 after two years of losses, fostering a project-centric culture.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong