NETRA NTPC, NITI Aayog, NCoE-CCU, IIT Bombay launches assessment of ‘CO2 Geological Storage Potential’
As a part of this initiative, an assessment of CO2 storage potential in select Coalbed Methane (CBM) rich coalfields in India shall be carried out including those available with NTPC.
New Delhi: Under the aegis of NITI Aayog, NETRA NTPC and the National Centre of Excellence in Carbon Capture & Utilisation (NCoE-CCU), IIT Bombay has launched the assessment of ‘CO2 Geological Storage Potential’ in India at NITI Aayog.
As a part of this initiative, an assessment of CO2 storage potential in select Coalbed Methane (CBM) rich coalfields in India shall be carried out including those available with NTPC. This initiative is envisaged to be completed in 12 months’ time.
This will culminate into a ‘CO2 Storage Atlas’ for select coalfields of India and is part of NTPC’s commitment to play a key role in India’s energy transition journey as the country marches ahead to achieve the ‘Net-Zero’ target and other climate goals.
Carbon Capture Utilisation & Storage (CCUS) is one of the key components of India’s CO2 mitigation strategy to facilitate the transition towards a low-carbon energy economy and subsequently to a ‘Net-Zero’ emission level.
Dr V. K. Saraswat, Member NITI Aayog, Shri Ujjwal Kanti Bhattacharya, Director (Projects) NTPC, Prof. Vikram Vishal, Convener NCoE CCU, and other senior officials of NITI Aayog and NTPC Ltd. were present during the occasion.Read Also : Defence Ministry signs Rs 588 Cr contract for Digital Coast Guard project
News Must Read
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta
- THDC India Limited and UJVNL's Joint Venture Secures 1719 MW Clean Energy Portfolio, Elevating Nation's Role in Net-Zero Emission Goals
- International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMAGMA-2023)