NTPC, OIL Ink MoU for RE& Green Initiatives
MoU shall facilitate knowledge and experience sharing on the upcoming Decarbonisation technologies like Carbon Sequestration.
New Delhi: NTPC, India’s largest power utility having presence across value chain of Power Sector with a total installed capacity of 73,024MW, and Oil India Limited, a state-owned oil company engaged in the business of exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 31st August 2023 to explore collaboration in the areas of Renewable Energy, Green Hydrogen & its derivatives, Geothermal and other Decarbonization initiatives.
Further, the MoU shall facilitate knowledge and experience sharing on the upcoming Decarbonisation technologies like Carbon Sequestration.Read Also : NSIC organises 2nd India-Taiwan SME Cooperation Forum
The two Maharatna giants, through this MoU, intend to enhance their footprint in the Renewable Energy domain and foray into sustainable solutions to advance the efforts towards achieving the nation’s Net-Zero targets.Read Also : REC signs loan agreement with RUMSL
The MoU was signed in the presence of Shri Gurdeep Singh, CMD, NTPC and Dr Ranjit Rath, CMD, OIL, and their Functional Directors.
NTPC is committed to achieve 60 GW of Renewable Energy capacity by 2032 and be a major player in Green Hydrogen Technology and Energy Storage domain. The company is taking up several initiatives towards decarbonization such as Hydrogen blending, Carbon Capture & Fuel cell buses among others.Read Also : Day 2 at CPSEs Roundtable & Exhibition 2023: CVO visited GAIL stall
News Must Read
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi
- NGEL Ties up with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port for Green Hydrogen Hub
- PFC shares ATF's new report to help in climate initiatives
- The Most Talked Thing about Dwarka Expressway
- Minister Hardeep S Puri to flag off 1st Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus