ONGC Plants 3,000 Saplings in Navi Mumbai
This technique has been shown to be effective in restoring degraded land and creating lush green forests.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has planted over 3,000 saplings in Jewel Garden, Sector 26, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, as part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative.
The saplings were planted using the Miyawaki afforestation technique, which is a method of planting trees in a dense and concentrated manner. This technique has been shown to be effective in restoring degraded land and creating lush green forests.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
The plantation drive was carried out by ONGC employees and volunteers from the local community. The volunteers were trained in the Miyawaki afforestation technique by experts from the Forest Department.
The plantation drive was a huge success, and it is expected that the trees will grow into a lush green forest in the coming years.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
The plantation drive is part of ONGC's commitment to environmental sustainability. ONGC has a long history of undertaking CSR initiatives that promote environmental conservation. In recent years, the company has planted over 1 million trees across India.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong