Sanjay Kumar assumed Director (Marketing) charge at GAIL India
Prior to his new role, Shri Kumar was the Managing Director of Indraprastha Gas Limited, the largest CNG distribution company of India, since April 2022.
New Delhi: Shri Sanjay Kumar assumed charge as Director (Marketing) of GAIL (India) Limited today. Prior to his new role, Shri Kumar was the Managing Director of Indraprastha Gas Limited, the largest CNG distribution company of India, since April 2022.
Shri Kumar, a Mechanical Engineer from the prestigious IIT Kharagpur and an MBA, has a rich domain experience of over 35 years in the natural gas sector.
He joined GAIL in the year 1988 and over the next three decades worked in various roles across domains including Gas Marketing, LNG Sourcing/Trading/Shipping, Business Development, Gas Transmission, Projects Management & Gas Pipeline operation & maintenance.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
This cross-functional experience has enabled him to gain deep insight of the natural gas and LNG value chain.
In the year 2011, Shri Kumar was tasked with setting up GAIL’s overseas LNG trading subsidiary GAIL Global (Singapore) Pte. Limited in Singapore.Read Also : Indian Air Force and Aeronautical Development Agency Signs MoU
This was the first such subsidiary created by any Indian Oil & Gas PSU and over the next five years, he played an important role in developing this subsidiary into a well-established player in the global LNG market.
Prior to his role as MD, IGL, he was also GAIL’s nominee Director on the Boards of Maharashtra Natural Gas Ltd (MNGL) and GAIL Global (Singapore) Pte. Limited.Read Also : Indian Navy’s largest multilateral naval exercise kicked off at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore