SJVN & Ocean Sun, Norway sign MOU for Floating Solar Project
This MoU shall pave the way for transfer of technological knowledge and cooperation amongst the two nations.
SHIMLA: Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN informed that SJVN has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s Ocean Sun, Norway for collaboration in the field of new technologies in Green & Clean Energy Sector.
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma stated that under this MoU, SJVN Green Energy Limited (SGEL) a wholly owned subsidiary of SJVN shall develop & finance a Pilot Membrane based Floating Solar Project of about 2 MW at a suitable location anywhere in India. The patented technological support for this project shall be provided by M/s Ocean Sun, Norway.Read Also : NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
This MoU shall pave the way for transfer of technological knowledge and cooperation amongst the two nations. Once this pilot project is on its success path, the two companies can endeavor to expand this technology on a large scale along the vast coastline in the southern part of India.
The MOU was signed in the presence of Ms May-Elin Stener, Ambassador of Norway to India, Sh. Dinesh Dayanand Jagdale, Joint Secretary, MNRE, Sh. Akhileshwar Singh, Director (Finance), SJVN, by Sh. Ajay Singh, CEO (SGEL) and CEO, M/s Ocean Sun, Norway.
Read Also : NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
This MOU signing will strengthen the footprints of SJVN in the renewable energy sector and will help in achieving the Government of India’s target of 50 percent installed capacity from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030. This will also help in achieving the company’s new Mission of 12000 MW by 2026 and the ambitious Shared Vision of 50,000 MW installed capacity by 2040.Read Also : REC CMD delivers engaging address on ‘Financing options for energy transition'
News Must Read
- NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24