Coal India’s arm CCL has considered a joint venture with Jharkhand Govt
As per the official sources, CCL [Central Coalfields Ltd] wants to enter into a JV with this power plant instance to expand the project.
The public sector entity Coal India’s subsidiary CCL has pondered a joint venture with the Jharkhand Government for the second phase expansion of Tenughat Thermal Power Station in the State.
The total installed capacity of the thermal station is 420MW combining two units of 210 MW capacity each, where the first unit of 210 MW was put under commercial operation in September 1996 and the second unit in September 1997.
Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
Tenughat Vidyut Nigam Limited [TVNL] is considering setting up 2X660 MW coal-fired supercritical units of extension project [Stage II] located at Lalpania in Bokaro district of Jharkhand. As per the official sources, CCL [Central Coalfields Ltd] wants to enter into a JV with this power plant instance to expand the project.
The proposal came up for discussion between the officials of CCL and the government of Jharkhand last week in which two panels would be constituted, which will work out the modalities including the percentage of partnership of both parties in the JV.Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
Central Coalfields Limited [CCL] is a subsidiary of Coal India Limited, an undertaking of the Government of India. It was established in 1956 as National Coal Development Corporation Limited and has been categorized as a Mini Ratna company since October 2007.
Tenughat Thermal Power Station is a coal-based thermal power plant located in the Bokaro district in the state of Jharkhand. The power plant is owned by Jharkhand State-owned Tenughat Vidyut Nigam Limited.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention