Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for 26 NH Projects worth Rs.17,500 Cr in Guwahati, Assam
The Dibrugarh-Tinsukia-Ledo project aims to enhance interstate connectivity between Upper Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, boost strategic presence, and promote trade and tourism.
New Delhi: The Union Minister for Roads Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for 26 National Highway Projects with an investment of more than Rs. 17,500 Crore in Guwahati, Assam today.
The Union Minister of State for Roads Transport and Highways, General Shri VK Singh, the Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma, State Cabinet Ministers, Member of Parliaments, MLAs, and NHIDCL officials were also present on the occasion.Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
The Dibrugarh-Tinsukia-Ledo project aims to enhance interstate connectivity between Upper Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, boost strategic presence, and promote trade and tourism. The Silchar to Lailapur section will connect the Barak Valley with Mizoram, fostering socio-economic growth. NH-515 in Dhemaji District will improve connectivity between North Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
NH-137 will enhance connectivity in the Dima Hasao Region and provide an alternate route to Western Manipur. The Paikan to Guwahati Airport section will facilitate the Multi-Modal Logistics Park in Jogighopa. Additionally, the construction of new bridges will alleviate congestion and enhance trade, tourism, and socio-economic progress in the region.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage