PM Modi felicitates Indian Contingent for Commonwealth Games 2022
The CWG 2022 was held in Birmingham from 28th July till 08th August 2022. A total of 215 athletes participated in 141 events across 19 sporting disciplines.
PM felicitates Indian Contingent for Commonwealth Games 2022
New Delhi: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi felicitated the Indian contingent for the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 in New Delhi. The felicitation was attended by both athletes and their coaches. Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports and Information & Broadcasting Shri Anurag Singh Thakur and Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Nisith Pramanik were among those present.
The Prime Minister congratulated the players and coaches for their stupendous performance at the Commonwealth Games 2022 held in Birmingham, where India bagged 22 Gold, 16 Silver and 23 Bronze medals in various disciplines. The Prime Minister welcomed the athletes and coaches and expressed immense pride in the accomplishments of India’s athletes at CWG 2022. The PM said that it is a matter of pride that due to the splendid hard work of the sportspersons, the country is entering into the Azadi ka Amrit Kaal with an inspiring achievement.
PM Modi said, “Due to the splendid hard work of the sportspersons, the country is entering into the Azadi ka Amrit Kaal with an inspiring achievement. Athletes inspire the youth of the country to do better not only in sports but also in other sectors."
The CWG 2022 was held in Birmingham from 28th July till 08th August 2022. A total of 215 athletes participated in 141 events across 19 sporting disciplines.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong