WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
Channels are a one-way broadcast tool for admins to send text, photos, videos, stickers, and polls.
New Delhi: WhatsApp has recently unveiled a new feature called "Channels", which is designed to help users stay updated with news and information on the app. This feature will allow users to receive broadcast messages from brands, people, and organizations on WhatsApp.
The Status tab will soon be renamed to "Updates" and will be the new home for both Status and Channels. Users can follow or unfollow a channel and channel admins can restrict who can follow their channel.
This feature will initially be available to select organizations in Colombia and Singapore and will later roll out to other countries worldwide. Channels will also allow users to create private spaces to connect and share information while protecting user privacy.
The app plans to add more ways for admins to make updates disappear quickly from followers' devices and decide who can follow/channel discoverability. The feature may be monetized through integration with WhatsApp Payments.Read Also : NTPC Bongaigaon conducts mass pep talk
What is Whatsapp's "Channels" All about:
Channels are a one-way broadcast tool for admins to send text, photos, videos, stickers, and polls. To help you select channels to follow, we’re building a searchable directory where you can find your hobbies, sports teams, updates from local officials, and more. You can also get to a channel from invite links sent in chats, e-mail, or posted online.
To kick off Channels, the company is working with leading global voices and select organizations in Colombia and Singapore, where Channels will first be available, to build, learn, and adapt the experience. Whatsapp will bring Channels to more countries and the ability for anyone to create a channel over the coming months.Read Also : Coal India organises workshop on Reform of Coal Mine closure
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi