Bidyut Bihari Swain, IAS took oath of Office and Secrecy as Member, UPSC
Shri Bidyut B. Swain joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1988 in the Gujarat Cadre.
New Delhi: Shri Bidyut Bihari Swain, IAS (GJ:1988) took oath of Office and Secrecy as Member, UPSC on June 1, 2023. The Oath was administered by Chairman, UPSC Dr Manoj Soni.
Shri Bidyut B. Swain joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1988 in the Gujarat Cadre. Between the year 1989 & 2018, Shri Swain served the Government of Gujarat in various posts, in the Districts and at the State Level. CEO, Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board, Secretary, Primary Education, Industries Commissioner, VC & MD, Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation and Chief Electoral Officer, Gujarat State were among his important postings.Read Also : 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
He joined the Government of India in 2018 as Additional Secretary in Department of Commerce in charge of Special Economic Zones, Trade negotiations of India with CIS Countries, Export Insurance and also held various positions such as Chairperson of Kimberley Protocol and Commissioner General of India, World Expo- Dubai.
On promotion as Special. Secretary in the Department of Commerce in 2020, he dealt with Trade Policy Division, CIS & OCEANIA Divisions, with an additional charge of Director General of Trade Remedies.Read Also : Indian Air Force and Aeronautical Development Agency Signs MoU
In January 2021, he·was posted as Secretary in the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, where he served till May 2023.
He has a MA degree in Political Science from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and a Masters in· Public Policy & Management from The Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, The Netherlands.
He is a collector of Autographed Books and Contemporary Indian Art.Read Also : Indian Navy’s largest multilateral naval exercise kicked off at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam
News Must Read
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore