Coal Ministry accepts Request for Exclusion of Three Lignite Mines from Auction
Coal mines of Coal India Ltd (CIL) are also not being developed and captive coal blocks have also been kept out of purview of auction.
New Delhi: The goal of Ministry of Coal is to enhance coal production and to ensure adequate availability of coal for the fast growing economy of the country. As a result of efforts of the Ministry, the share of imports in total coal consumption reduced from 26% to 21% during last five years. Still, India is importing more than 200 Million Tonne (MT) of coal annually by incurring huge foreign exchange outflow.
Ministry of Coal has always kept in view the recommendations of MoEFCC and State Governments. No coal mine has even been auctioned by ignoring suggestions of MoEFCC.Read Also : RVNL Appoints Vivek Gupta as Part-time Government Director onboard
For example, the request of Government of Chhattisgarh to de-notify coal mines falling under Lemru Elephant Corridor have been accepted. Coal mines of Coal India Ltd (CIL) are also not being developed and captive coal blocks have also been kept out of purview of auction.Read Also : MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
Areas beyond ‘Lemru Elephant Corridor’ have also been considered for exemption on the request of Government of Chhattisgarh. Over 40 new coal blocks having about 10% of reserve of Chhattisgarh has been decided to be kept out of coal mining.
Nine coal mines falling in dense Hasdeo-Arand coal field have also been kept out for further round of auctions of coal blocks. Similarly, the request of Government of Tamil Nadu for exclusion of three lignite mines from further auction process has also been accepted. These decisions of Ministry of Coal clearly indicate our responsibility to protect forest areas despite industry demands to put them under auction.Read Also : Bobba Group Announces Flexible Pay-As-You-Store Storage Option for Businesses
News Must Read
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023
- SJVN commissions both units of 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro project
- A Sea of Valor: Celebrating Indian Navy Day
- Rajahmundry Airport Takes Flight: AAI Expansion Plan Ready for Takeoff
- Oil India signs MoU with Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes