Aatmanirbharta in Defence: DPSUs indigenised 164 items worth around Rs 814 cr
The DPSUs-wise list of these indigenised items is available on the Srijan Portal.
New Delhi: In another boost to achieve ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence, 164 Positive Indigenisation List (PIL) items, with an import substitution value of Rs 814 crore, that was to be indigenised by December 2022, have met the target within the timelines and have been notified by the Department of Defence Production (DDP), Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Read Also : Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw chaired meeting of Consultative Committee for Ministry of Railways
The indigenisation of these items has been achieved by Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) either through Industry partners, including MSMEs, or in-house. The DPSUs-wise list of these indigenised items is available on the Srijan Portal.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
The DDP has notified four PILs consisting of 4,666 items, including Line Replacement Units (LRUs)/Sub-systems/Spares & Components for DPSUs (1st PIL – 2,851; 2nd PIL – 107; 3rd PIL – 780; 4th PIL - 928). It had, earlier, notified successful indigenisation of 2,572 items, with an import substitution value of Rs 1,756 crore.
Now, with the notification of these 164 additional items, the total number of indigenised items till December 2022 from these PILs of DDP stands at 2,736, worth an import substitution value of Rs 2,570 crore. These indigenised items will now be procured from the Indian Industry only.Read Also : Mr Vikraman N takes charge as Director (HR) of BEL
News Must Read
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects