Gail India and EIL likely to issue bonus shares worth Rs 3,000 crore
The shares of GAIL, valued at Rs 114,000 crore are increased 80% in a year. Engineers India, the engineering consultancy has a net worth of Rs 13,300 crore.
State-owned GAIL and Engineers India Ltd [EIL] would issue bonus shares to the government worth Rs 2,940 crore in the current fiscal year as per the budget statement. According to the revised budgetary estimates, GAIL will issue bonus shares worth Rs 2,840 crore while EIL will issue worth Rs 99 crore. The bonus issue statement has not been received by stock exchange filings.
The government has a 51.9% share in GAIL and 51.3% in EIL. The shares of GAIL, valued at Rs 114,000 crore are increased 80% in a year. Engineers India, the engineering consultancy has a net worth of Rs 13,300 crore.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
The advantage of bonus shares increase the shareholder’s total investment in the company. The receipt of bonus shares is a tax-free investment. The shareholder receives higher dividends if the company declares dividends at a later date. Companies issue bonus shares to encourage retail participation and increase their equity base.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut