Rajnath Singh inaugurates two-day Air Force Commanders' Conference
He urged the IAF commanders to examine the rapidly changing global geo-political situation and assess them in the Indian context.
New Delhi: Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the two-day Air Force Commanders' Conference in New Delhi on October 26, 2023. During the session, the Raksha Mantri was briefed on the operational preparedness of the Indian Air Force (IAF) by Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari.
In his address to the Commanders, Shri Rajnath Singh emphasised on the need to enhance operational preparedness and highlighted the importance of joint planning & execution of operations by the three services. He urged the IAF commanders to examine the rapidly changing global geo-political situation and assess them in the Indian context.Read Also : Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
The Raksha Mantri pointed out that new trends have emerged in the field of air warfare and there is a need to analyse & learn from them to strengthen the defence preparedness. He exhorted the IAF to focus on strengthening the air defence systems; use of drones and making headway in the field of aerospace to protect India's air domain. “There are new challenges emanating from the global security scenario. We must always be ready to deal with them,” he said.Read Also : Advisor to PM Sh. Tarun Kapoor, Conducts Comprehensive Review at NTPC North Karanpura
Shri Rajnath Singh praised the stellar role played by the IAF during the recent Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) missions in Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and other flood affected areas. He also congratulated the IAF for successfully organising the Air Force Day Parade and Air Display at Prayagraj, which was well appreciated by the people. Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt and Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan were among those present on the occasion.
The conference, which is held bi-annually, involves discussions on charting lAF's way ahead, given the current geo-political environment and technological imperatives. Eminent national security experts and accomplished personalities from various fields are invited to present their views during the conferenceRead Also : THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage