Remarkable Achievement of SECL CMD Dr. Prem Sagar Mishra in Coal Mining
Award presented by the Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India at a function held in Kolkata.
New Delhi: SECL CMD Dr. Prem Sagar Mishra has been awarded the prestigious “MGMI Award for Excellence in Coal Mining” for his outstanding contribution in the field of coal mining.
The said award was presented by Shri B. Veera Reddy, Director (Technical), Coal India, at the National Seminar on Green Mining and Net Zero organized by the Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India (MGMI) in Kolkata. On this occasion, in a nobel gesture the Dr Mishra donated the cash prize received to the MGMI library.Read Also : Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
Dr. Mishra has more than 16 years of experience in various positions in the coal industry. He completed B.Tech (Mining) from Indian School of Mines in 1987 and obtained first class certificate in Mining in 1990.
He also has a PhD in Management Studies from IIT (ISM) - Dhanbad. Before SECL, he had also been the CMD of Eastern Coalfield Limited (ECL).Read Also : Advisor to PM Sh. Tarun Kapoor, Conducts Comprehensive Review at NTPC North Karanpura
Under the able leadership of Dr. Mishra, SECL has set new records in coal production and various other areas. In the year 22-23, SECL recorded the highest coal production, OBR and offtake in its history and this year also in the period of April-August 2023, the company has made the record of highest coal production, OBR and offtake.
Along with this, SECL is continuously making efforts for quick employment and proper settlement of project affected people. The company has made positive changes in the liabilities of land acquisition. In this financial year '23-24, employment approval has been given to a record 254 land oustees from April to July 2023.Read Also : THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage