Sadhna Saxena Nair becomes first lady to take charge as DG Hospital Services (Armed Forces)
Prior to this appointment, the Air Officer was tenanting the appointment of Principal Medical Officer (PMO) at HQ Training Command (Air Force), Bangaluru.
Bangaluru/New Delhi: Air Marshal Sadhna S Nair assumed the appointment of Director General Hospital Services (Armed Forces) in the office of DGAFMS on Oct 23, 2023, becoming the first woman to hold the position on promotion to the rank of Air Marshal.
Prior to this appointment, the Air Officer was tenanting the appointment of Principal Medical Officer (PMO) at HQ Training Command (Air Force), Bangaluru.Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
A graduate from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Air Marshal Sadhna S Nair was commissioned into the Indian Air Force in Dec 1985. She holds a Post Graduate degree in Family Medicine and has undergone a two-year training program in Medical Informatics at AIIMS, New Delhi. She was trained in CBRN Warfare with the Israeli Defence Forces and in Military Medical Ethics in Switzerland. She is the first and only woman Principal Medical Officer of Western Air Command and Training Command.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
For her meritorious service she has been awarded the AOC-in-C (WAC) and CAS Commendations as well as the Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India. Three generations of her family have served in the IAF over the last seven decades.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard