SJVN synchronizes first unit of Naitwar Mori HEP with National Grid
SJVN has constructed 37 km 220 KV Transmission Line for evacuation of power from Naitwar Mori HEP from Bainol to Snail.
New Delhi: Sh. Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN informed that SJVN Limited has successfully Synchronized the First Unit of 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project (NMHEP) with the National Grid. Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project is located on River Tons, a major tributary of River Yamuna in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand State in North India.
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma stated that Hon’ble Union Power Minister, Sh. R.K Singh and former Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Sh. Trivender Singh Rawat had laid the foundation stone of SJVN’s 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project at Mori in the year 2018.Read Also : BPCL Kochi Refinery emerge winners of NIPM Young Managers’ Contest 2024
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma added that the NMHEP is Run of the River project with two generating units of 30 MW each. The second unit of the project is also scheduled to be synchronized within this month. The project will generate 265.5 million units of electricity annually.
SJVN has constructed 37 km 220 KV Transmission Line for evacuation of power from Naitwar Mori HEP from Bainol to Snail.Read Also : NTPC Wins 23rd Inter CPSU Cricket Tournament
Sh. Nand Lal Sharma appreciated the efforts of the design team and officials posted at NMHEP in bringing the project to the commissioning stage and said that this momentous achievement has brought us one step closer to harnessing the immense hydro power potential of Uttarakhand.
After commissioning of the Project, 12% free electricity will be supplied to the State of Uttarakhand as royalty. In addition, each Project Affected Family will be provided with an amount equivalent to cost of 100 Units of electricity per month for ten years.
Project will usher an era of overall development of the area with infrastructure development and generation of direct & indirect employment. Under Corporate Social Responsibility various activities such as Satluj Sanjeevani Mobile Health Van, Skill Development Training programs, Promotion of Sports and Cultural Heritage, Infrastructural works are benefiting the local populace.
Treading on the path of impeccable progress, SJVN, a leading Power CPSU is dedicated to contribute to the energy goals of Government of India. The company has set a Mission of 12,000 MW by 2026 and Shared Vision of 50,000 MW installed capacity by 2040.Read Also : 3 lakh CR annual defence production & Rs 50K crore exports expected by 2028-29: Rajnath Singh
News Must Read
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra
- WCL's AB Incline underground mine will start again
- 33 Community Centres for Balangir; MCL will extend Support
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong