Will oil giants' Q3 profit margin fall..see what the report says
Stepping towards inventory losses and lower gross refining margins, it is expected that the operating profits of the state-owned oil marketing companies- IOC, BPCL, and HPCL- may fall significantly in the October-December period[ Q3 FY24].
New Delhi: Seeing the market report, the Oil Marketing Companies' diesel marketing margins sharply declines to Rs 0.5 per litre. The well know companies that are giving a great time and controlling 90 per cent of the market may see a sharp fall in the profit margin for the latest quarter (Q3) for the Financial year 2023-2024.
As per the firm, Brent averaged at around $84 per barrel in Q3FY24, down 3% on quarter, closing at $19 per barrel lower at $78/bbl between the two-quarter ends, thereby accounting to refining inventory losses of $2.5-3 per barrel for OMCs.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
The gross refining margins of three OMCs also fell to $5-6 per barrel from $9-10 a barrel on quarter in Q3FY24. The firm’s analysts are expecting OMCs to record a 70-80% decline in EBITDA on quarter.
Q3FY24E PAT[profit after tax] for IOCL is estimated at Rs 2600 crore, while BPCL and HPCL would witness PAT of Rs 6,000 crore and Rs 2,000 crore.Read Also : NCL exceeds 125 million tonnes of coal production
Meanwhile, in the first two quarters of the financial year, the three OMCs have been able to make healthy profits compared to the first half of the last fiscal with respect to improved marketing margins.
The three OMCs reported a combined net profit of Rs 27,783.59 crore in the quarter ended September against a cumulative loss of Rs 3,724.39 crore in the same period a year ago.
The firm expects crude oil production and sales by the two companies largely flat, with around 5% rise on quarter in Oil India’s gas volume.
EBITDA of upstream companies is anticipated to bring a small improvement of 2% on quarter due to improvement in oil and gas production and lower operational expenditure as per ICICI Securities.Read Also : Coal India First Aid Competition 2024 ' concludes at WCL
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut