Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra takes over as Senior Air Staff Officer of Western Air Command, IAF
The Air Marshal is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned as a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force on 19 December 1987.
New Delhi: Air Marshal Praveen Keshav Vohra has taken over as the Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO) of Western Air Command of the Indian Air Force on 01 December 2023.
The Air Marshal is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned as a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force on 19 December 1987. He has served across the length and breadth of our nation having flown over 3500 Hr, primarily on Mig-21 variants and the Mig-29 aircraft.Read Also : NBCC Signs MoU with Telangana High Court
A Category ‘Aye’ Qualified Flying Instructor, he, as a Wing Commander, commanded No. 47 Squadron, ‘The Black Archers’, of which he is now the Commodore Commandant. He was the Air Officer Commanding Air Force Station Halwara from 2014 to 2017. He was also one of the founder members of the Indian Air Force’s Formation Aerobatic Team on the indigenous Kiran MK-II aircraft, the ‘Suryakirans’. He has held critical staff appointments of Director Operations, Air Assistant to the Chief of the Air Staff and Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Operations) at Air Headquarters.Read Also : PM Modi inaugurates NBCC built Indian Institute of Skills, Kanpur
He is a graduate from the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington and Centre of Defence and Strategic Studies, Canberra, Australia. Prior to taking over as Senior Air Staff Officer Western Air Command, he was the Air Officer Commanding Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
The Air Officer is a recipient of ‘Ati Vishist Seva Medal’ and ‘Vayu Sena Medal’ for his distinguished service to the nation. He is married to Mrs Navita Arjun Vohra and they are blessed with a son.Read Also : NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
News Must Read
- NPCC to Build New Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala
- NGEL Signs Land Lease Agreement with APIIC for Integrated Green Hydrogen Hub
- SCOPE to organize Workshops on ‘Public Procurement’ & ‘RTI’ in Shillong
- Most awaited Gujarat's Signature Bridge: Read About its beauty
- NBCC to execute worth Rs 369 crore projects in UP, MP and Telangana
- CMD, IREDA Unveils Vision for Retail Division, Elevating Rooftop Solar
- PFC Forge Historic Partnership with Govt of Goa
- Government flows out Tender for Puri International Airport Construction
- Power Grid board approves Investment in two projects worth 655.75 crore
- SECL Makes History as First Coal Company to Procure Over Rs 10,000 Crore via GeM