CMPDI Leads the Charge in Coal Exploration for North Eastern Region
New Delhi: India's North Eastern States Gears Up for Coal Exploration Push, CMPDI Leads the Charge in Coal Exploration for North Eastern Region (NER).
North-Eastern Region is the focus point of India's 'Act East Policy'.
The North Eastern region of India is an untapped source of coal resources.Read Also : GRSE Hosts First-Ever National-Level QCC Competition for Defence PSUs
The Geological Survey of India (GSI) estimates that the region has a total coal reserve of 1771.26 million tonnes (MT). This includes 115.72 MT of Gondwana coal and 1655.54 MT of tertiary coal. Meghalaya and Assam account for the majority of the region's coal resources, with 70% of the total tertiary coal resource.
The North Eastern region has the potential to play a significant role in India's energy security.
For Sustainable development of Coal Resources of North East region and its optimum utilization, systematic exploration of the coal is a prerequisite condition.Read Also : IOCL ranks top Indian Corporate in Bloomberg NEF Global Rankings 2023
In recent years, Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited (CMPDI), a CPSE under aegis of Ministry of Coal, which is also the nodal Agency for detailed exploration for coal & Lignite in Country leads the charge in coal exploration in NER.
Coal Exploration in NER is mainly funded by NER component of Central Sector Scheme (CSS) of MoC. CMPDI has been entrusted for management, disbursement of the fund and monitoring of the exploration projects being executed with this fund.
CMPDI is imparting training and guidance to officers of State DGMs/DMRs for capacity building related to execution of coal exploration projects, tendering process for outsourcing exploration work.Read Also : THDC lowers Main Inlet Valve of Second Unit in1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project
News Must Read
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24
- Defence Ministry inks Rs 2956.89 Cr contract with BHEL
- Rajnath Singh Unveils India's Latest Stealth Destroyer 'Imphal'
- Power Minister inspects 2000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project
- Coal India expects to increase e-auction volume twice in H2 FY2024
- Missile stealth destroyers 'Imphal' built by MDL to be Unveiled tomorrow
- HDFC Bank Appoints Two New Faces Onboard