Coal Ministry Achieves Record Transportation of 500 MT Coal during First Half of Current Fiscal
Over 400 MT Dispatch for Power Sector. Overall Coal Dispatch Likely to Touch One Billion Tonne this Year.
New Delhi: During the Financial Year 2023-24, Coal Ministry has set a target to produce and dispatch 1012 million tonnes (MT) of coal to consumers. Achieving record high performance, the Ministry has been able to dispatch 500 MT coal as on 17th October 2023. Dispatch of 500 MT of coal in 200 days, despite monsoon season, in first half of the year, is an outstanding achievement.Read Also : NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
During second half of the year, the rate of production and dispatch is normally higher than first half of the year. It is, therefore, expected that this year dispatch of coal would exceed one billion tonne mark.
During last financial year, 500 MT coal dispatch milestone was achieved as on 9th November 2022. Thus, during the current year, 500 MT dispatch mark has been achieved 23 days in advance.Read Also : NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
It is to be noted that out of 500 MT of coal dispatch, 416.57 MT dispatch is for power sector and 84.77MT is for non-regulatory sector. The growth of coal transport to power sector year to year is 7.27 per cent and growth to non-regulated sector year to year is 38.02%. Last year as on 31st March, 2023, 893.19 million tonnes of coal were despatched
It is to be highlighted that Coal India Ltd (CIL), Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL) and Captive/ Commercial mines all have contributed to this historical achievement of the Coal Ministry.Read Also : REC CMD delivers engaging address on ‘Financing options for energy transition'
News Must Read
- NMDC Best Ever Production Upto Nov 23
- NTPC Records Remarkable Growth in Coal Despatch and Production
- CIL's November coal output jumps 11% to 65.97 million tonnes
- REC's CSR arm signs Rs 8 Crore agreement
- SJVN synchronizes Second Unit of Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project
- BCCL starts Commercial Operations of 5.0 MTPA Madhuband Washery
- GAIL's 3 GSRTC Diesel buses converted to LNG: Read More
- HPCL’s first 100 MW mega solar project at Galiveedu
- IREDA IPO Listing Day; Receives Strong Investors Response
- BPCL Dividend of Rs 21 per Share for FY24