Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates ONGC Digital Corporate Visualization Center
This first-of-its-kind digital hub in India will enable monitoring of ONGC’s oil and gas wells and drilling units (including offshore) centrally on a real-time basis.
New Delhi: Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri today inaugurated ONGC’s state-of-the-art digital Corporate Visualization Center ‘ONGC DARPAN’, in New Delhi.
This first-of-its-kind digital hub in India will enable monitoring of ONGC’s oil and gas wells and drilling units (including offshore) centrally on a real-time basis. The state-of-the-art monitoring will help in reducing human intervention and downtime, optimizing operations, and facilitating predictive maintenance.
The inauguration was attended by Pankaj Jain, Secretary, of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Rajesh Kumar Singh, Secretary, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Arun Kumar Singh, Chairman and CEO, of ONGC.Read Also : Total Production Goes Up by 26% During the Current Fiscal Upto 26th February 2024
The Hon’ble minister also attended the ‘Energy Startups: Driving the Energy Future’ meeting where he applauded ONGC employees over the commencement of production of oil
from Maharatna’s flagship deep-water project KG-98/2 in the Krishna Godavari basin of the Bay of Bengal.Read Also : Tips for Managing Teeth Sensitivity
Hon’ble Minister said, “First Oil production commences from the complex & difficult deepwater KG-DWN-98/2 Block, situated off the coast of Bay of Bengal. Peak production is 45,000 barrels per day and over 10 mmscmd of gas per day," he said.
The Minister added that he has an intuitive degree of confidence that the production for both oil and gas will be higher.
The 'First Oil' from the deep-water KG-DWN-98/2 block in Bay of Bengal has commenced production on January 7, 2024.Read Also : Coal India signs JV Agreement with BHEL
News Must Read
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut