NHPC contributes Rs 3 crore to CM Relief Fund, Sikkim
NHPC has been proactive since the outbreak of this calamity and has made continuous efforts in providing relief measures for the victims.
New Delhi: NHPC has contributed Rs 3 crore (Rupees Three Crore) to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund of Sikkim to support the relief efforts of the Govt. of Sikkim for the victims of unexpected natural calamity caused due to the lake outburst in the Lhonak on the night of October 3rd 2023.
The payment intimation advice was presented to Shri Prem Singh Tamang, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Sikkim by Sh. L.K. Tripathi, Executive Director (Region-Siliguri), Sh. C.R. Das, HoP Teesta-V Power Station, Sh. Lhendhup Lepcha, HoP Teesta-IV HE Project alongwith Senior Officials of Teesta-VI HE Project at Gangtok, Sikkim on 10th October 2023.Read Also : Advisor to PM Sh. Tarun Kapoor, Conducts Comprehensive Review at NTPC North Karanpura
The flash flood had been triggered due to outburst of Lhonak Lake in North Sikkim on the night intervening 3rd and 4th October 2023 which caused heavy inflow in the Teesta River. As a result of this flash flood, bridges, parts of highway NH-10, small towns and infrastructure were severely damaged in Teesta River Valley of Sikkim.Read Also : THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
The entire NHPC family stands with people of Sikkim in this moment of tragedy and the NHPC management has decided to step forward in providing full support to the relief efforts of the State Government in the affected areas through this financial aid.
NHPC has been proactive since the outbreak of this calamity and has made continuous efforts in providing relief measures for the victims. NHPC has already organised langars, distribution rations and other supplies to the flash flood victims in coordination with the state administration.
The Langar arrangements made by NHPC at different locations shall remain continued till normalcy of the situation.
News Must Read
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage
- CDS Inaugurates HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi, Hails HAL’s Commitment towards Atmanirbharta