Andhra Pradesh Train Accident: Death Toll continuously rising, Several Injured
The accident occurred at around 7-7:30 PM on Sunday night.
On October 30, 2023, a train accident occurred in Andhra Pradesh, India when a passenger train collided with a goods train at the Gooty railway station. At least 13 people were killed and several others were injured in the accident.
The accident occurred at around 7-7:30 PM on Sunday night. The passenger train, collided in Andhra Pradesh’s Vizianagaram district on Sunday when the Visakhapatnam-Rayagada passenger special (08504) rammed into the Visakhapatnam-Palasa passenger (08532).Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
The impact of the collision was so severe that several carriages of the passenger train were derailed.
India Railways has stated the incident was caused by a human error as a possible cause with the Rayagada-bound train having likely jumped the signal. According to officials, the Vishakhapatnam-Palasa train was waiting on the track between Alamanda and Kantakpalli railway stations of the Kothavalasa block when the collision took place.Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
Rescue teams rushed to the spot and began evacuating the injured passengers. The injured were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The death toll is expected to rise as some of the injured are in critical condition.
The railway minister has also announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 10 Lakh for the families of those killed, Rs. 2.5 Lakh to those seriously hurt and Rs. 50,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage