Coal Ministry issues orders for 22 Coal Mines to successful bidders
With the vesting of these 22 coal mines, the Ministry of Coal had issued vesting orders for a total of 73 coal mines under commercial auctions till date with a cumulative PRC of 149.304 MTPA.
New Delhi: The Nominated Authority, Ministry of Coal has issued Vesting Orders for 22 coal mines to successful bidders of coal blocks under a commercial coal mine auction here today. Out of the 22 coal mines, eleven mines are under Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 and the rest comes under Mines & Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, of 1957. Sixteen coal mines are fully explored mines while six mines are partially explored ones.Read Also : REC Limited collaborates with SAI and AFI
The cumulative peak rated capacity (PRC) of 22 coal mines is 53 million tonne per annum (MTPA) and having approximately 6,379.78 million tonne (MT) of Geological Reserves. These mines are expected to generate Annual Revenue of Rs. 9,831 crores and will attract Capital Investment of Rs. 7,929 crores. It will provide employment to about 71,467 people both directly and indirectly.
Read Also : NTPC to Upgrade Infra and Education in Arunachal Pradesh with MoAs with VKV Trust
With the vesting of these 22 coal mines, the Ministry of Coal had issued vesting orders for a total of 73 coal mines under commercial auctions till date with a cumulative PRC of 149.304 MTPA. This will result in the generation of an Annual Revenue of Rs. 23,097.64 crores to the State Governments and will generate employment opportunities to 2,01,847 people, both directly and indirectly.Read Also : AAI conducts four-day-long Advanced Training Session
News Must Read
- NLC India Signs Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO
- Coal Ministry, NTPC, and NML signs Deed of Adherence
- Yatish Kumar's first poetry collection 'Antas Ki Khurchan' received the 'Maithili Sharan Gupt Award'
- EIL signs MOU with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Prime Minister dedicates projects worth more than Rs 5200 cr in Bodeli, Gujarat
- SJVN commenced Mechanical Spinning of 60 MW NMHEP
- Federal Bank Expands Its Footprint in Punjab, Inaugurates Branch in Rajpura
- ONGC signs Crude Oil Sales Agreement with Mangalore Refinery
- Indian Navy flagged off 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' Car rally
- First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Inaugurated in New Delhi