IGC & ATS, Gujarat arrest a Pak boat carrying 200 cr of drugs
New Delhi: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and ATS, Gujarat have jointly apprehended a Pakistani boat with six crew, carrying approximately 40 kilograms of drugs worth Rs 200 crore, from Indian waters.
On the intervening night of September 13-14, 2022, the ICG, on the basis of intelligence inputs by ATS Gujarat, strategically deployed two fast interceptor class of ships - C-408 and C-454 - for patrolling in the area close to the notional International Maritime Border Line (IMBL).
A Pakistani boat was spotted moving suspiciously in Indian waters, five nautical miles inside notional IMBL and 40 nautical miles from Jakhau. On being challenged, the Pakistani boat over boarded a consignment and started evasive manoeuvring. Braving rough seas, the ICG ships intercepted the boat and apprehended it.
The boat is being brought to Jakhau for further joint investigation. This is the fifth such joint operation by the ICG and ATS, Gujarat in last one year. It highlights the importance of effective coordination amongst stakeholders for a robust coastal security network.Read Also : BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
News Must Read
- BEE collaborates with Andhra Pradesh State EnergyConservation Mission
- SECL Director (Finance) felicitated by ICMAI - WIRC
- BPCL lays foundation stone of new Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants depot
- Government, PSUs, and Defence sector experience 14% upsurge in hiring: foundit Insights Tracker
- 2G Refinery at Numaligarh to create huge employment opportunities: Hardeep S Puri
- Chief of Defence Staff India to Inaugurate HAL’s Avionics Expo 2023 in Delhi
- ONGC Gears Up for Oil Production From its Flagship Project
- MOIL's November Production up by 35% y-o-y
- IAF trainer aircraft crashed in Ravelli Village
- INS Sandhayak: GRSE delivers 'Largest Ever Survey Vessel to be built in the Country on Navy Day 2023