India-Bangladesh to jointly inaugurate 3 development projects
These three projects have been executed through assistance from India
New Delhi: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh, H.E. Sheikh Hasina will jointly inaugurate three Indian assisted development projects on 1 November 2023 at around 11 AM via video conferencing. The three projects are Akhaura - Agartala Cross-Border Rail Link; Khulna - Mongla Port Rail Line; and Unit – II of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant .
The Akhaura-Agartala Cross-Border Rail Link project has been executed under Government of India grant assistance of INR 392.52 crore extended to Bangladesh. The length of the rail link is 12.24 km with a 6.78 km Dual Gauge rail line in Bangladesh and 5.46 km in Tripura.Read Also : Indian Govt signs USD 175 million loan agreement with ADB
The Khulna-Mongla Port Rail Line Project has been implemented under Government of India concessional Line of Credit with a total project cost of USD 388.92 million. The project entails construction of approximately 65 kms of broad gauge rail route between Mongla Port and the existing rail network in Khulna. With this, Mongla, the second largest port of Bangladesh, gets connected with the broad-gauge railway network.
The Maitree Super Thermal Power Project under Indian Concessional Financing Scheme loan of USD 1.6 billion, is a 1320 MW (2x660) Super Thermal Power Plant (MSTPP) located in Rampal in Khulna Division of Bangladesh.Read Also : Power Grid Shines Again; Honors for Flagship Project
The project has been implemented by the Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company (Private) Limited (BIFPCL), which is a 50:50 Joint Venture company between India's NTPC Ltd and Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB). Unit I of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant was unveiled jointly by both Prime Ministers in September 2022 and Unit 2 will be inaugurated on 1 November 2023. The operationalization of Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant will enhance energy security in Bangladesh.
These projects will strengthen connectivity and energy security in the region.Read Also : Naval Exercise Prasthan at ONGC’s R 12A Ratna Platform
News Must Read
- Paytm's Market Cap dives $1 billion in Single Day: Read What happens
- THDCIL sign MoU for Water Sports High Performance Academy at Tehri
- NECC bags order from GAIL, Worth Rs.52 crore
- NHPC awards 3,000 MW solar projects to 8 bidders
- Oil giants NRL and OIL pump Rs 1 Cr & Rs 5 Cr into Assam's Plantation Drive
- BHEL wins Governance Now PSU IT Awards 2023
- BEML adjudged winner for CSR Leadership Award 2023
- Defence Ministry collaborates with ISB for scholarship to ex-servicemen
- Dahej Expansion Project Takes Flight with Bhumi Pujan Ceremony at Petronet LNG Limited
- Rajahmundry Airport: Gateway to Andhra's Heritage