Rajnath Singh will be the first Indian Defence Minister to visit Nigeria
He will meet the outgoing Nigerian President Mr Muhammadu Buhari during a reception hosted by him on 28th May.
Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh to visit Nigeria between May 28-30, 2023
New Delhi: Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will visit Nigeria between May 28-30, 2023 to attend the swearing-in ceremony of the President-elect of the West African nation Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Shri Rajnath Singh will attend the swearing-in ceremony at Eagle Square in Abuja on 29th May.
He will also meet the outgoing Nigerian President Mr Muhammadu Buhari during a reception hosted by him on 28th May.
This will be the first-ever visit of an Indian Defence Minister to Nigeria. The Raksha Mantri’s visit will be an important landmark in building the strong bonds of friendship between the two countries.
Considering the growing defence cooperation between India & Nigeria, senior officers of Ministry of Defence and top leadership of important Defence PSUs will accompany Shri Rajnath Singh.Read Also : Shri P Upadhyay INAS takes over as Director General of Naval Armament
They will hold meetings with the representatives from the Nigerian industry and the Armed Forces to identify the equipment and platforms, through which the Indian defence industry can support the country’s requirements.
Nigeria is home to an estimated 50,000 members of the Indian community. The Raksha Mantri will address the Indian diaspora at Abuja during the visit.Read Also : Mr Vikraman N takes charge as Director (HR) of BEL
News Must Read
- PFC bids farewell to Shri R.S. Dhillon, CMD
- CIL increased non-coking coal prices by 8%; expects Rs 2703 Cr Revenue
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi reviewed NCL's performance
- NMDC delayed commissioning of its newly demerged steel plant
- Power ‘Mini Ratna’ NHPC reports Net Profit up by 8% of Rs 3834 cr during FY23
- Salim G. Purushothaman assumed additional charge of CMD, BCL
- Union Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurates 1st Mining Start Up Summit at IIT Bombay
- MOIL double its digit production target in FY’24; Reports 250.59 cr profit in FY23
- ISRO launches GSLV NVS-01 mission
- WAPCOS and NLCIL's strategic collaboration for various development projects