Vivek Kumar Gupta assumed charge as NHSRCL's MD
During his tenure as Chief Engineer at Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation (MRVC), he played a key role in project coordination for MUTP I/MUTP II and MUTP III, with a total cost of about Rs. 20,000 Cr.
Shri Vivek Kumar Gupta, an IRSE 1988 batch officer, has assumed charge as Managing Director of National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (Organisation executing India’s first bullet train project). Before joining NHSRCL, Shri Gupta served as the Principal Executive Director/Gati-Shakti at the Railway Board (Ministry of Railways). He was responsible for the integrated functioning of seven (07) departments: Civil (Works, Project Monitoring & Station Development), Electrical (RE), Signal & Telecommunication, Traffic, Finance, Planning, and Economic Directorates, operating as one cohesive team for planning & execution of all projects including station development of Indian Railways duly following the theme of PM Gati-Shakti program.Read Also : THDCIL conferred with prestigious 1st Prize for ‘Advancement in Green Mobility
He has held various senior positions in Central & Western Railway, including Chief Administrative Officer (Construction), Chief Track Engineer, Chief Bridge Engineer and Divisional Railway Manager (DRM). In these roles, he was accountable for construction projects, encompassing the construction of new lines, gauge conversion, doubling/multi-tracking, traffic facility works, track construction works, and maintenance of railway bridges, among others.
During his tenure as Chief Engineer at Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation (MRVC), he played a key role in project coordination for MUTP I/MUTP II and MUTP III, with a total cost of about Rs. 20,000 Cr. Additionally, he led the preparation works for the MUTP 3A project, costing about Rs. 34,000 Cr. His responsibilities extended to the coordination of all civil engineering aspects at MRVC and interactions with various agencies, including the World Bank, AIIB, MMRDA, CIDCO, and GoM, addressing planning and execution-related issues.
Read Also : MECL Drills Past Remarkable Milestone, Surpasses 3 Lakh Meters of Exploratory Drilling
As DRM/Bhusaval between April 2019 and August 2021, he assumed overall responsibility for the Bhusaval division of Central Railway. His duties encompassed ensuring safety, efficiency, infrastructural works, revenue expenditure control, and staff welfare.Read Also : HPCL and Birmingham University join hands
News Must Read
- Cyber Frauds: Kotak Mahindra Employees arrested for opening 2,000 fraudulent accounts
- Grid India Wins Rs. 272.68 Cr NBCC E-Auction for 61,000 Sqft in Ayurvigyan Nagar
- M Shyamprasad Kamath will lead MRPL as MD
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention